on top of his back pack. One final addition was to add a skull and one wing cut out from thestandard back pack banner ple to either side of the bolt pistol and paint it to make it look bulky, archaic and different, to signify the mastercrafting of the weapon (figure 10). With that the model was done, bar the painting and screaming!
As for painting, I used my favourite borwn - scorched brown - for his robes, it being the colour scheme of the Shadow Guards Chapter. A bit of blending on the armour and scorched brown lining of the joint lines. A tiny bit of skull white highlight and all was ready. for the final touch up of the various bits. I did the power sword in my usual way. White undercoat (brings out the blue better) Then a base coat of strom blue, followed by a gradual dry brush of enchanted blue and ice blue to make it look like blue electricity flowing through the sword.
The bleached bone of the armour required multiple thin coats of paint, each one slightly thinner and whiter than the previous one to achieve a good overall cover. I did this as a natural progression from the overall coat of bleached bone. Later I learned what I had in fact done was the technique of blending, so talked about in the chat boards. The robes were dry brushed with snake bite leather to highlight the folds. I hadn't discovered the virtues of the black wash yet, at this time, so a bit more time was spent of brown lining the joints and corners of he armour.
The base was painted in goblin green an flocked with static grass. I was so excited atthis stage, this being my very first true conversion, that I didn't want to spend any more time detailing/